Sous-Chef Cuisine (M/F)
Permanent contract – Full time
We are looking for a Sous-Chef Cuisine for a full-time permanent contract, to be filled as soon as possible.
Since 1889, at the foot of the Montmartre hill, the Moulin Rouge has welcomed millions of visitors from all over the world to discover its famous facade, its legendary hall, its spectacular shows and its unmissable French Cancan !
Its Féerie revue, performed twice a night, 365 days a year, amazes 600,000 spectators every year.
Joining the Moulin Rouge means becoming part of a unique, internationally renowned family group, made up of artists and craftspeople who combine their talents to preserve the quintessential soul of the cabaret : from the rigor of the ballet to the finesse of the cuisine, not to mention the perfection of the sets and costumes created by its Maisons d’Art.
The Moulin Rouge is a group of nearly 450 employees from a wide range of exciting and exceptional professions, working day in, day out to preserve and bring to life French creativity and know-how.
Join our company and experience a unique adventure in an exciting world !
The Executive Chef, Arnaud DEMERVILLE, is accompanied by a kitchen brigade of some forty professionals, and a dining room brigade of 80 passionate people, to take care of the 450 or so covers served daily in the establishment.
In order to provide our customers with quality cuisine, made with fresh produce, your duties, under the direction of Executive Chef Arnaud DEMERVILLE, include but are not limited to :
– Assist, organize and manage the kitchen brigade in the field, according to the directives of your superiors. As a leader of men, he must be able to coordinate the work of the entire kitchen brigade, according to the wishes of the Executive Chef and Sub-Executive Chef.
– Supervise the pace and quality of work in the field, and ensure that dishes are prepared in compliance with quality hygiene standards, as well as with the technical sheets and recipes created by the Executive Chef and his teams.
– Master the various production and cooking techniques used, as an excellent cook, whether in production and/or service. He/she must be able to train the teams of all the technical departments (Garde-Manger/Chaud/VIP), must be familiar with all the dishes served at the Moulin Rouge (Cuisine and Pâtisserie) and must have a good knowledge of the technicalities and particularities of these dishes.
– Must have a good knowledge of the department’s needs, and be able to manage orders for each division if necessary, with the help of his/her line manager, and actively participate in the kitchen’s monthly inventories.
– Take charge of the management of the entire brigade in the field, on a provisional basis with the help of superiors.
– Demonstrate great flexibility and adaptability. Thanks to his or her skills and global vision of the company, he or she is able to take on all technical positions on the kitchen brigade, according to the wishes of the hierarchy and the needs of the service (hot shift, cold shift, VIP shift, morning shift, middle shift, evening shift).
– Contribute his or her vision and experience, with rigor and in a positive atmosphere.
All these tasks must contribute to guaranteeing the image of the brand and the cabaret, by offering customers quality cuisine presented in an impeccable manner.
Trained as a hotelier or catering professional, you will have at least initial experience as a Sous-Chef, preferably in a gourmet restaurant.
You are perfectly familiar with hygiene and HACCP rules.
You are an excellent cook, with a perfect knowledge of all kitchen trades, reactive, willing, motivated, you know how to manage a team and are a good administrator.
Full-time permanent contract – executive status – 39 hours per week – to be filled as soon as possible.
Work on weekends and public holidays.
Periods of 5 working days – 2 consecutive days off.
Hours : continuous, mornings or evenings.
Salary : according to profile.
Benefits : no break, mutual insurance, 50% reimbursement of transport, meal card, 13th month, CSE.
Position based at Bal du Moulin Rouge, 82 Boulevard de Clichy, 75018 Paris.