Intermittent Entertainment Worker
We are looking for a Machinist, on one-off assignments, as soon as possible.
Since 1889, at the foot of the Montmartre hill, the Moulin Rouge has welcomed millions of visitors from all over the world to discover its famous facade, its legendary hall, its spectacular shows and its unmissable French Cancan !
Its Féerie revue, performed twice a night, 365 days a year, amazes 600,000 spectators every year.
Joining the Moulin Rouge means becoming part of a unique, internationally renowned family group, made up of artists and craftspeople who combine their talents to preserve the quintessential soul of the cabaret : from the rigor of the ballet to the finesse of the cuisine, not to mention the perfection of the sets and costumes created by its Maisons d’Art.
The Moulin Rouge is a group of nearly 450 employees from a wide range of exciting and exceptional professions, working day in, day out to preserve and bring to life French creativity and know-how.
Join our company and experience a unique adventure in an exciting world !
You will be the machinery professional for the show. In this role, you will set up, assemble and move the sets before, during and after performances. Reporting to the Head Machinist and Assistant Head Machinist, your daily tasks will be as follows :
- Set up and remove the musicians’ props and instruments from the stage before the 1st show ;
- Before the show, set up and move scenery and props ;
- During the show, make mobile set changes between two scenes ;
- Lift curtains and drapes in synchronization with the music ;
- After the 2nd show, helping to prepare the stage for the following day’s rehearsals or events ;
- Use permanent or temporary hanging and lifting equipment and materials ;
- Maintain equipment and materials ;
- Report any machinery malfunctions encountered to the Head Machinist or Assistant Head Machinist.
You will work in compliance with safety rules and according to the instructions of your line manager.
Please note that this job requires you to travel in dimly lit environments, particularly during the show.
You are passionate about the world of entertainment and have an interest in music and/or a good ear for music.
You are able to move, lift and pull heavy loads (crates, escalators, etc.).
You’re available, you respect your commitments, and you’re serious and flexible.
In addition, you’re responsive, punctual, discreet, committed and able to adapt to any situation.
Intermittent Entertainment Worker – immediate requirements.
Evening/night shifts – 5-hour shift (8:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m.).
Weekdays, weekends and public holidays – the Moulin Rouge is open 365 days a year.
Salary : €18.15 gross per hour.
Benefits : return by taxi possible.
Position based at the Bal du Moulin Rouge, 82 Boulevard de Clichy – 75018 PARIS.